Friday 30 March 2007

Minimates Wave 2 Part 2!!!

Here comes the second part of my review! Brainiac 13, Robin, Booster Gold and Power Girl all get the treatment this time!

Power Girl wasn't one of my favourites, but she has eventually started to grow on me. Her costume and paint is well done, but the most interesting feature to this minimate is her breasts. Instead of the usual block chest, they've pulled a rubbery slipper over her chest, to make it bigger. It adds to the minimate, without taking away from the blocky design.
Rating: 9/10 - The chest add-on elevates this character to a new level.

Booster Gold has let me down a bit. I bought him thinking he'd be one of my favourites, but he isn't that great without Beetle. His collar is reminiscent of old times, and if you remove it, you've got his modern day costume, or so I've heard. It's the same collar as Star Sapphire from Wave 1. The paint apps are good, but the highlight is Skeets. He's attached to Boosters belt by a line of wavy plastic, made to resemble air. It's his best feature, but be careful incase it falls loose. He uses a helmet like Blue Beetle.
Rating: 7/10 - Nothing special to see here.


Robin is also growing on me. I like his hair, especially the spitcurls. His costume supports the Batman and Robin love conspiracy, which I'm not a fan of. Then again, this has really always been Dick's costume as Robin. There's nothing you can change to make it the same Robin. Paint apps are as good as usual, and his only accessory is a Birdarang. His pixie boots make him taller, and I recommend swapping them round for Hal Jordan's shoes, to bring him back to normal height.
Rating: 8/10 - Nice to look at.

Brainiac 13 has his advantages and disadvantages. Let's start with the latter. The tentacles are horrific. They took me ages to clip on and keep in place, and by then my fingers were red and had dents in where I had been pressing them into place. The advantages are his larger body type, and the gold armor. He does tower above the rest, which is cool. However, his tentacles are horrid to keep in, and I really don't recommend lying him down in a box or something, because the tentacles on mine fell off.
Rating: 7/10 - If you don't know the character, leave the tentacles off. For the completists, take your time, and don't apply too much pressure.

Next time, I'll post pictures of Wave 2, and write up the review for Exclusive John Stewart Green Lantern.

No comments: